Wednesday, October 29, 2008

OLd Friends...


Sometimes you just have to visit the past......I recently meet up with an old bike of mine, shot the breeze over coffee and reminisced over the past rides we've had together, some pretty crazy times I must say, from the time we meet to bringing the sucker home, to putting the miles, time, and days on the ol' Green Machine. But on thing I began to realize......I miss you man! I don't sir cum to vast majority of the biking world and have to have the latest, greatest, machine, do-hicky, or carbon fiber underwear (do they make such a thing??). I ride because I love to bike and go where no other gas hogging SUV can. AND truthfully at the end of the day the bike is still make up of TWo wheels, and pedals to turn the crank, a frame, and seat.........anything more than that is JUST rubbish and most often unwanted details......oh! maybe a brake helps....but IS it really necessary?

SO the Green Machine lives on!! I have ridden it a few times in my quest to continue to bike to work everyday........(41days strong, 328 miles). The days are dark both morning and night, the cold is starting to get to me, but as I pass those people warming up there cars and scraping there windows I can't help but smile and wave cause the joke is on them, but wait can they see me??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your friend wants one of those cool wool seat covers for his birthday.

Sylvia & Homero said...

Hey CuZ! =) I didn't know you had a blog!! I found it through a friend of a friend of a friend. Hehe! Hope to see you in December! We're flying into Spokane for x-mas! Luv ya-Sylv
(p.s. check out our blog if you get a chance 2!)